Popcorn chicken is a crunchy small bites of chicken, which is marinated in spices, coated in flour and deep fried. They are easy to make, flavourful and delicious. I have used the same ingredients and method as Broasted chicken. My kids love this tiny popcorn chicken. Have it with mayo dip or ketchup. Give it a try, you will love it. Its ideal for lunch, dinner, tea time and even for ifthar.
Preparation time : 15 minutes.
Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Oil for frying
For marination :
- Chicken – 500 gms, boneless
- Yoghurt – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar/ lime juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as required
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder/ red chilly powder -1 tsp ( for spicy coating)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Add all the ingredients listed under for marination in a bowl, mix well and marinate the chicken for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Add all ingredients mentioned under for coating in a container/ bowl, mix well.
- Put 1/4 th of the chicken pieces in to the container/ bowl, close with lid and shake it well.
- This way all the chicken pieces gets well coated. Follow this for all the chicken pieces.
- Deep fry the coated chicken pieces until golden brown.
Crunchy & delicious popcorn chicken is ready to serve.
Have a look at our other chicken recipes such as